The 4th Annual ILAC International Conference
“Language and Culture Education: Current Perspectives and Future Directions”
The Institute of Language, Art and Culture (ILAC) of Suan Dusit Rajabhat University will hold 4th ILAC International Conference on July 22-23, 2014, at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand.
The Institute of Language, Art and Culture, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University would like to invite teachers, educators, students, and all stakeholders in the academic field to participate in the 4th Annual ILAC International Conference on Language and Culture on July 22 and 23, 2014 at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand.
The conference theme this year is “Language and Culture Education: Current Perspectives and Future Directions”. As always, the main goal of the conference is to celebrate and appreciate the beauty of languages and cultures belonging to people of different ethnicities and nationalities. The approach of the ASEAN Economic Community or AEC in 2015 has made us aware that we are not citizens of a particular country, nor of a particular region, but essentially we are citizens of the world. With the guidance of well-planned education, we can prepare our citizens to understand differences, appreciate diversity, and respect the basic rights of human beings, all in the interest of a peaceful and sustainable future for everyone.
- To celebrate and appreciate the beauty of languages and cultures belonging to people of different ethnic groups
- To enhance cooperation and promote better understanding among people of different cultures
- To provide an opportunity for academics to present papers on language and culture
- To promote academic research, languages, and culture
- To share knowledge of language and culture with the public
The topics of interest
- Language teaching and learning
- Curriculum development and syllabus design
- Language teaching through technology
- Learning assessment and evaluation
- Cultural awareness in language teaching
- Language diversity
- Foods and cuisine
- Performing arts
- Alternative medicines
- Cultural heritages and tourism
- Local wisdom
We would like to welcome applications from all parties of language and culture fields for oral presentations, poster presentations, and workshops. Proposals focusing on the conference theme and topic areas will receive first consideration.