Call for Papers
ILAC International Conference 2013
“Innovation in Teaching Languages and Culture”
The Institute of Language, Art and Culture (ILAC) of Suan Dusit Rajabhat University will hold the 3rd ILAC International Conference from July 17-18, 2013 at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Background and rationale
Since 2005, the Institute of Language, Art and Culture at Suan Dusit Rajabhat University (ILAC) has held an annual seminar on different topics related to Thai arts and culture. Last year ILAC held its second ILAC International Conference in celebration of the establishment of the ASEAN Community in 2015. To continue to foster our relationship with the wider global community, ILAC will hold the 3rd ILAC International Conference in 2013. The topic of the conference this year will be innovation in teaching languages and culture.
It has been widely recognized in language teaching that learners need the language skills as well as the ability to use the language in socially and culturally appropriate ways. In Thailand’s regional context, this will be seen in communication between the ASEAN populations in the near future. Thus the major innovations of communicative language teaching come from discovering how to best help our students to interact with speakers of other languages and cultures while sharing a mutual understanding. Another major focus of the conference will be the area of innovation in various fields of arts and culture.
This conference will serve as a platform for researchers, educators and participants to learn and exchange their ideas and research findings on selected topics of interest. The Institute of Language, Art and Culture of Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, therefore, is pleased to invite researchers and educators from all over the world to contribute their knowledge and wisdom with regards to innovations in teaching languages and culture. The contributions include research activities, case studies or best practices which help to inspire interest in both the theory and practice of teaching culture and language.
This conference aims to:
– provide an opportunity for academics to present papers on innovation in teaching languages and
– promote academic research on innovation in teaching languages and culture;
– share knowledge of teaching languages and culture with the public, and
– enhance cooperation and promote better understanding among peoples of different cultures.
The topics of interest in this conference include:
1. Innovation in teaching languages
- Teaching languages
- Language curriculum and Instruction
- Language teaching through technology
- Intercultural Dimensions in Language Teaching
- Language Assessment
- Language Diversity
2. Innovations in Culture
- Food and Cuisine
- Cultural Performing Arts
- Alternative Medicines
- Cultural heritage and tourism
- Cultural museums
- Oral presentation (20 minutes)
– Poster presentation (W=80 CM / H=120 CM)
Paper submission due date
- May 15, 2013: Abstracts (250 words including title) and Bio data (50 words)
– May 31, 2013: Full Papers (12 pages, including all references, notes, and appendices)
Please check format guidelines and find the application form
Please click here.
Please click here.
Submit your paper to Asst. Prof. Dr.Sompoet Panawas via email@example.com and/ or Ms.Lalita Poolsup via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following email subjects:
– For abstracts: (Conference abstract + your name + your Surname) i.e. Conference abstract
– For full papers: (Conference full paper + your name + your Surname) i.e. Conference full paper
Before June 30, 2013
- Oral presentation Baht 3,000
- Oral presentation with student ID Baht 2,400
- Poster presentation Baht 1,800
- Poster presentation with student ID Baht 1,200
- Participant Baht 1500
*** Only participants are allowed for late or on-site registration.***
This registration fee includes:
- lunch and coffee breaks
- welcome dinner on July 17, 2013
Asst. Prof. Dr.Sompoet Panawas
Ms. Lalita Poolsup
Institute of Language, Art and Culture
Suan Dusit Rajabhat University
295 Ratchasima Road, Dusit, Bangkok10300, THAILAND
Telephone + 66 2244 5260-2, 5350
Mobile: + 66-8-9922-2105
FAX + 66 2244 5261, + 66 2243 8365
Accommodation and Venue
The conference will be held from July 17th – 18th, 2013 at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand, located on the corner of Ratchasima and Rajavithi Road, Bangkok.
The following hotels are also located close to the conference centre. You should contact the hotels directly to make your own reservations.
The Suan Dusit Place
295 Ratchasima Rd., Dusit, Bangkok 10300. Thailand
Tel 66-2241-7571- 80 Fax: 66-2243-6898-9
“The Suan Dusit Place” hotel is located on campus, just one minute walk to the conference site.
Royal River Hotel, Bangkok
219 Charansanitwong Road Soi 66/1, Bangkok, Thailand 10700
The River Side Bangkok Hotel
195 Rajavithi Rd. Bangkok 10700