Call for Papers
ILAC International Conference 2014
“Language and Culture Education: Current Perspectives and Future Directions”
The Institute of Language, Art and Culture (ILAC) of Suan Dusit Rajabhat University will hold 4th ILAC International Conference on July 22-23, 2014, at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand.
The Institute of Language, Art and Culture, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University would like to invite teachers, educators, students, and all stakeholders in the academic field to participate in the 4th Annual ILAC International Conference on Language and Culture on July 22 and 23, 2014 at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand.
The conference theme this year is “Language and Culture Education: Current Perspectives and Future Directions”. As always, the main goal of the conference is to celebrate and appreciate the beauty of languages and cultures belonging to people of different ethnicities and nationalities. The approach of the ASEAN Economic Community or AEC in 2015 has made us aware that we are not citizens of a particular country, nor of a particular region, but essentially we are citizens of the world. With the guidance of well-planned education, we can prepare our citizens to understand differences, appreciate diversity, and respect the basic rights of human beings, all in the interest of a peaceful and sustainable future for everyone.
- To celebrate and appreciate the beauty of languages and cultures belonging to people of different ethnic groups
- To enhance cooperation and promote better understanding among people of different cultures
- To provide an opportunity for academics to present papers on language and culture
- To promote academic research, languages, and culture
- To share knowledge of language and culture with the public
The topics of interest
- Language teaching and learning
- Curriculum development and syllabus design
- Language teaching through technology
- Learning assessment and evaluation
- Cultural awareness in language teaching
- Language diversity
- Foods and cuisine
- Performing arts
- Alternative medicines
- Cultural heritages and tourism
- Local wisdom
We would like to welcome applications from all parties of language and culture fields for oral presentations, poster presentations, and workshops. Proposals focusing on the conference theme and topic areas will receive first consideration.
- Oral presentation (20 minutes)
- Poster presentation (W= 80 CM/ H= 120 CM)
Paper submission due date
- April 30, 2014: Abstracts (250 words including title) and Biodata (50 words)
- June 15, 2014: Full Papers (12 pages, including all references, notes, and appendices)
Please check format guidelines and application form at www.ilac.dusit.ac.th/conference and submit your paper to Ms. Wankaew Leepuengtham via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with following email subjects:
- For abstracts: (Conference abstract + your name + your Surname) i.e. Conference abstract
- For full papers: (Conference full paper + your name + your Surname) i.e. Conference full paper
Before June 30, 2014
- Oral presentation Baht 3,000 (US$ 100)
- Oral presentation with students ID Baht 2,400 (US$ 80)
- Participant Baht 1500 (US$ 50)
*** Only participants are allowed for late or on-site registration. ***
This registration fee includes:
- lunch and coffee breaks
- welcome dinner on July 22, 2014
Accommodation and Venue
The conference will be held on July 22th – 23th, 2014 at Raktakanishta Hall, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand, located on the corner of Ratchasima and Rajavithi Road, Bangkok.
The following hotels are also located close to the conference centre. You should contact the hotels directly to make your own reservations.
The Suan Dusit Place
295 Ratchasima Rd., Dusit,Bangkok 10300. Thailand
Tel 66-2241-7571- 80 Fax: 66-2243-6898-9
“The Suan Dusit Place” hotel is just one minute walk to the conference site.
Royal River Hotel, Bangkok
219 Charansanitwong Road Soi 66/1, Bangkok, Thailand 10700
The River Side Bangkok Hotel
195 Rajavithi Rd. Bangkok 10700
Ms. Wankaew Leepuengtham
Institute of Language, Art and Culture
Suan Dusit Rajabhat University,
295 Ratchasima Road, Dusit, Bangkok 10300, THAILAND
Telephone + 66 2244 5260-2
FAX + 66 2244 5261